(Not so) Small businesses on Instagram

05:44






I love sitting at my desk seeing some of my
favourite tags + business cards from people I've had the pleasure to collaborate with and buy from.

Instagram is so much more than just posting photos or networking for me. It's a place where I have made genuine friendships and bonds with like minded mamas, bloggers, online shop owners and just lovely people in general.

This online community is so inspiring to me. Everywhere I look there are people supporting and uplifting each other. There are people following their dreams, achieving their goals and helping each other through life. I know that in some of my hardest days there are people out there who are going through the same thing or who might at the least send me some encouraging emojis. 😂😉

I have been lucky enough to meet some amazing people who have helped me find the courage to pursue my own dreams, to take a leap of faith and share my own passion (@paperladyco).

The world is changing. Business, people and lives are changing. A whole new era of online, hustlers and creators is emerging and I know personally I'm so very excited to be witness to it, to support it and hopefully be a small part of it.

Supporting local/small business isn't a phase, it's the future. More and more people are investing their time into fulfilling a need/designing a product and more people are supporting them.

I know of many people who have pursued their hobbies, passions and dreams by starting small online which has lead them to such a level of success that they now have left their "real jobs" and work full time from home or studios creating and living their dreams.

For me and many others, buying from a local or small business is because of a combination of reasons including supporting the person behind the brand whether it be a mother trying to earn money so she can work from home with her kids or a young person following their dream rather than getting some checkout chick job at the supermarket.

Plus buying small usually means you get a much an original and higher quality product and much more personal, customer service experience.

I would rather save my pennies and buy from a small business wherever I can and know that my purchase is much more valued.

Hey- Maybe I'm helping a mama be able to afford to buy brand new shoes for their child for school rather than second hand ones. Maybe part of the money from my purchase is going to the sellers chosen charity to help them support a cause close to their heart.

All I know is that there is good in this. People are coming together. People are getting creative. People are succeeding.

Isn't that something you'd like to be a part of? Next time you shop, shop small.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I couldn't have said this better myself. I would MUCH rather support my local creatives, than make the big super chain's wallets bigger. Thanks so much for your support mamaladylife. We love you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts