What gets me through my down days...

05:29

On my down days I look to my children.
I created life. Just stop to think about that for a moment. I made two entire beings. A boy and a girl.
Wow, when you think about it, how amazing is that?

I am not only needed in a traditional mother/provider sence, but I am also wanted.
My son wants to play, read and laugh with me and show me things that interest him.
My daughter wants to be close to me, be held in my arms, feel my heart beat close to her heart.

The love of a child is the most pure, innocent love of all. And I am loved by them. Despite being indecisive and unsure of many things in my life- this, I know for sure.

While everything around me some days feels like it is crumbling, I can look to my children and appreciate life.

I see the sunshine stream through the window and make my sons hair shine as he plays cars and reads on the carpet. His eyes light up and he giggles an infectious, sweet giggle that you can't help but laugh at too.
I see his hands, small yet precise for his age. They explore and he is learning something new every minute.

I feel the weight and warmth of my daughter as she sleeps on my chest. Hear the sweet little murmurs she makes and when I breathe in I can smell the sweet scent of my milk on her breath.

I created life. I have love.
That's what gets me through my down days.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts